Tuesday, September 27, 2011

New Projects | Sneak Peaks

It's been a long time since my last post, and here is why!


I've had the pleasure of working with Mary McDonald on creating the new front window for Moura Starr.  In contrast to how most people see Moura Starr, we created a front window that looks almost "night and day." In place of the usual crystal and high gloss lacquer finishes are raw, open pore ceruse woods. Instead of the silk blend rugs, we used sea grass flooring and burlap window treatments. The space was filled with linens, cow hides, burlap and wool. We mixed metals such as polished stainless steel, brass and bronze to give it depth and variation. Overall, it was a neutral and peaceful palette, but it still had that Mary McDonald punch with accessories that really grabbed your attention- such as the crocodile skull, wood carved eye wear, splitting head book ends and a hammer head shark painting. 




This project was an intense one. With a lead time that was nearly impossible, we managed to get it together in time for Fall Market here in Los Angeles. My team and I ended up putting this project together in approximately 3 working days. This project is yet another reminder that a designer is nothing without their team. A project manager (like myself) is nothing without the team. As designers, its because of the great relationships we have with our team and vendors that make magical things like this happen. 


**Special thanks to Christine for helping me make this happen. :D Love your burlap folding skills. haha **

2 comments:

  1. is that a mariani oyster chair i see?? with an hermes blanket atop it?? FABULOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the Oyster Chair! Love that you know this! And of course we have to have SOMETHING Hermes. Mary brought in this blanket and I wish I could see my face - I'm sure I was drooling. haha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...